Invite a friend
Genealogy on a Budget: Tips for Beginning Research
Learn genealogy researching basics in this hands-on computer class. Find sources for free information on interviewing family members. Learn to navigate websites, documents and organizers. Registration is required for this class. Please contact the library reference desk at 708-366-5205 ext 316 or email@example.com to sign up. Due to space limitations, residents receive priority.
|Where||River Forest Public Library 735 Lathrop Ave, River Forest, IL 60305|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||1:00 pm–2:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Seniors|
More About River Forest Public Library
The River Forest Public Library boasts access to "thousands of materials including books, periodicals, music, movies and online research databases."
The RFPL is a member of SWAN, an association of 80 area libraries that share material with other member libraries. The system's goal is to provide access to hundreds of thousands of materials.
The library provides phot0copy and fax machines, a typewriter and offers a range of services for residents, including material delivery to homebound residents and test proctoring.
Oh, and the WiFi here is free and unlimited.
The library is governed by a seven-member Library Board, which meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm.
Other events here
- Butterfly Story Time May 18, 2013 / May 22, 2013, 11:00 am
- Celebrating Seniors Movie Matinee Tomorrow, May 22, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Middle School Crafts Outside! Tomorrow, May 22, 3:30 pm–5:00 pm
- Toddler Time May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013, 10:00 am
- Healthy Aging and Brain Fitness Thu, May 23, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Family Story Time at Whole Foods Market May 3, 2013 / May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 24, 2013, 9:30 am
- Middle School Video Gaming or Movie May 3, 2013 / May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 24, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 3:30 pm–5:00 pm
- DIY Baby Games Tue, May 28, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Middle School Crafts May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 3:30 pm–5:00 pm