The Cook County Farm Bureau® invites you to bring agriculture into your current curriculum! Our inquiry-based program is designed to teach your students where their food, fuel and fiber come from. It’s time to schedule your In-School Field Trip” for the 2013-2014 School Year. Our calendar fills up fast, so be sure to call soon for your FREE presentation(s).
What is the “4th Grade In-School Field Trip”?
The In-School Field Trip provides fourth grade students the opportunity to experience Illinois agriculture without leaving the classroom! We bring the farm to you.
Students will learn about:
- The science behind the farm to table process
- The definition of agriculture, agribusiness and agricultural facts
- The difference between renewable and non-renewable resources
- The global use of Illinois agricultural products
- Agricultural careers and the USDA My Plate
- A discussion on grains, farm animals, fiber, and fuel
- Grain matching game, interactive definitions game
- A video featuring urban agriculture
- Fortune cookies with agricultural facts
- A teacher packet which includes resources, a school calendar and a Pizza Ag Mag. Book early so you can use them all year long!
Presentations are approximately 1 to 1 ¼ hrs. in length and take place right in your classrooms. Ag in the Classroom exists at a county, state, and national level. The program is fully funded, so there is no cost to your school. The presentation meets Common Core and Next Generation Standards.*
Call or email to schedule your school today!
Ask for Diane, Kelly or Jeanne: (708) 354-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located at 6438 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525