Sometimes Families Just Need a Little Help: Erikson is very glad to announce that they will soon be partnering with Easter Seals' Willett Center in Oak Park at 120 West Madison Street. This convenient location will benefit resident families of the Austin community in Chicago as well as the people of Oak Park.
District 97 Seeking Members for Ad Hoc Dashboard/Benchmark Board Committee: District 97 is looking for dedicated individuals from the community who are interested in taking an active role in shaping the future of our schools by applying to serve in a voluntary capacity on our newly formed Ad Hoc Dashboard/Benchmark Board Committee.
Scheck & Siress announces transition in leadership: Scheck & Siress Prosthetics, Inc., has announced that James Kaiser, CP, CEO of Scheck & Siress since 1983, has transferred his interest in Scheck & Siress to the remaining nine shareholders, effective August, 2013.
Scheck & Siress Prosthetics, Inc. To Open New Office in Skokie: Scheck & Siress Prosthetics, Inc., the premier, private group practice in Orthotics & Prosthetics in the Chicago and Northwest Indiana area, is opening a new patient services office located at 5202 Old Orchard Road, Suite N100, Skokie, IL 60077, on October 1, 2013.
Four Staples of Fall Fashion: As summer comes to a close, the fashion world is ready to help us jump into fall. Its fashion is definitely different from summer’s, and not just because of the weather.
Wanted: Huskies Fans to Share Photos, Scores on Patch: The new fall sports season is upon us, and we at Patch are looking for bloggers to share scores, photos and their perspectives on athletics at Oak Park and River Forest High School. You can be a student, a parent or just someone who follows a particular high school sport.
Loaded for Bears:
- Wear a Bears Jersey and Save On Your Groceries
- Urlacher Says Bears Players Faked Injuries
- Register for Ditka Dash to Run, Party at Soldier Field
- Marlene Comella of Berwyn’s Violet Flower Shop named 2013 Piper Award Winner: The Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC) will host the 29th Annual Charles E. Piper Award Dinner honoring Marlene Comella on Saturday, November 2, 2013. The event – Shaken, not Stirred – will feature a James Bond theme with casino games, a grand prize drawing and a silent auction fundraiser.
- Autre Monde to Host Author / Organic Gardening Expert Jeanne Nolan: She will discuss how you put your garden “to sleep” for the Chicago winter. The event will occur October 5th, 11am to 1pm. It is part of Autre Monde’s green focused event program which they launched in conjunction with their Green Seal Certification.
- District 201 students receive high marks in AP Spanish: The College Board recently announced the 2013 results of the remaining Advanced Placement Program® (AP®)assessments and 110 students inJ. Sterling Morton High School District 201 have earned AP Scholar Awards in recognition of their exceptional achievement on the AP Spanish Language Exam. Of the 145 students who took the exam, 76% or 110 passed with at least a 3. Of the 110 who received at least a 3, 55 students received the highest score of 5.
- Safelite AutoGlass opens 10th Chicago-area store on Berwyn's Route 66: Safelite AutoGlass®, the nation’s largest provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, recently opened a new store located at 6538-40 Ogden Avenue in Berwyn.
- Virtual Tour: New Model Home Furniture, Horchow, & Quality Home Essentials: All the staple items you've been searching for are at Divine this week.
Oak Park D97 Middle Schools Host 2nd Annual "Mile in the Middle" Fun Run Sunday, 10/6: Students from Oak Park District 97 middle schools will participate in a non-competitive mile run between Percy Julian and Gwendolyn Brooks middle schools on Sunday, October 6, from 9-11 am. The run will be followed by an after-party with a DJ, games and treats for the participants. Student who pre-register will also receive a free t-shirt.
Green Living and Learning Tour - 9/28: 3rd annual Green Living & Learning Tour, sponsored by Green Community Connections, offers a range of opportunities to see first-hand examples of sustainable living. The tour takes place throughout Oak Park and River Forest on Saturday, September 28.
Mark your calendars. Sunday 9/15 at 6pm. Come to First United Church of Oak Park: Mark your calendars. Sunday 9/15 at 6pm. Come to First United Church of Oak Park (848 Lake St) for a FREE screening of A PLACE AT THE TABLE. If you missed the showing at the Lake Theater, now's your chance to see it. It's a fantastic documentary about hunger in America. You won't be disappointed.
'The Coffin Haulers,' new novel by former Oak Parker, now on Amazon: A crisp, October evening in 1974: As an attractive Polish immigrant walks the deserted streets of Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood, she’s filled with hope about her future. In a few hours she’s found murdered in a gangway. It’s a crime the police pursue without much interest, but for private detective Joey Boloccini it represents a chance to break the monotony of his fledgling career and achieve the success that’s eluded him.
Football Fundraiser for Animal Care League: You’re invited to get your game face on and huddle with Animal Care League for a fundraiser to support our animals on Sunday, September 29th at the Friendly Tap, 6733 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn, from 11:30Am – 3:30PM.
Willard Elementary Students Learn From Team Building: Willard Elementary School students in River Forest got a taste of what many of their parents may experience in the corporate world as they participated in team building activities on September 6.