From the Village of Oak Park:
The annual fall leaf collection program is scheduled for Oct. 21 – Dec. 5 with seven pickups planned for each section of the Village, according to the Village of Oak Park.
Residents should rake leaves into the street at least 18 inches from the curb the day before the scheduled pickup dates indicated on the map. Leaves raked into the street are pushed into piles during the night, and then collected the following day.
Residents who miss a scheduled pickup date should keep their leaves on the parkway until the night before the next scheduled pickup. Sweepers will be scheduled to run at the end of the collection program to clean up any residue.
Cooperation is essential to the success of this operation, so please follow these simple rules:
- Rake leaves out the day before the scheduled pickup date.
- Leaves only — do not add brush, grass clippings or yard waste.
- Do not park on or near a pile of leaves, which can hinder leaf removal operations. Heat from a car also could ignite the leaves.
- Rake leaves onto side streets whenever possible. Try to avoid major thoroughfares where piles of leaves might create traffic hazards.
- Do not rake leaves into or close to cul de sacs or traffic diverters. The equipment needs room to operate.
- Keep catch basins clear of raked leaves to avoid flooding.
- Inform landscape services of the leaf collection schedule.
- Obey all parking restrictions. Regulations will be strictly enforced.
- Dampen piles after raking to avoid leaves being blown by the wind.
- Consider composting or using the leaves as garden mulch as an alternative to raking.
- Drive carefully. Leaves are slippery when wet and large piles may hinder visibility. Watch for crews picking up leaves.
For more information call 358.5700 or email email@example.com. View the collection map here.