Downtown Oak Park goes all out for the 20th annual Oaktoberfest event on Friday, September 16th and Saturday, September 17th. This free two-day event will offer a premier music line up, seasonal menu items from Oak Park restaurants, specialty microbrews, and a children’s Root Beer Garden featuring the famous zucchini races and karaoke.
MUSIC LINE UP.
Afrobeat Chicago 4-6pm
...The Shams 6-8pm
Cathy Richardson and the Macrodots 8-10pm
Phil Sheaff & The Great Energy Transfer 12-2pm
Anthony Bracco Quartet 2-4pm
Western Philosophers 4-6pm
Robbie Folks 6-8pm
Terrance Simien 8-10pm
LOCAL FOOD. Seasonal favorites and international specialties such as pulled pork sandwiches, smoked corn on the cob, brats, chicken kabobs and more from Luo’s Peking House, Mancini’s, Puree’s Pizza and Pasta, Golden Lamb, Khyber Pass, TGI Fridays, Sugar Fixe, Barclay’s American Grille, Poor Phil’s Bar & Grill and Marion Street Cheese Market.
MICROBREWS. Hand crafted microbrews will be offered, as well as a selection of fine wines from Marion Street Cheese Market. A souvenir mug will both add to the enjoyment and reduce waste. West Suburban PADS will provide the volunteer pourers who will be happy to collect tips to support their non-profit.
KID'S ROOT BEER GARDEN.
• Zucchini Races – For $3.00 children can create and race their own zucchini cars, prizes for the fastest zucchini car!
• A Root Beer Garden serving old fashion root beer as well as other old time favorite flavors.
• Karaoke – Be a star! Pick from a great selection of popular pop stars from Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift to the Jonas Brothers.
• Games & Activities sponsored by Wonder Works Children’s Museum.
• Lake Theatre will be out with their Prize Wheel for a chance to win a free movie pass!