The Wednesday Journal reported Monday that the grocer is in the final stages of purchasing the former Dominick's store at 259 Lake St. and hopes to open by the end of the year.
Facebook fans who commented on a post about the news were ecstatic, and we thought we'd share them, just for fun:
- Jennifer, "excited!"
- D'Anna, "Whattttttttt...."
- Veronica Shaw, "Oh I am excited... My sis in law said they have great fresh fruit and veggies, but I don't want to drive to Villa Park!"
- Kelly Noah, "Joel Bruner, dreams to come true."
- Jax, "CANNOT WAIT!!"
- Nancy, "This is fantastic news for OP and the area in general! Fantastic fruits and veggies! And prices are great too!"
- Diane, "Thank goodness!! After seeing our grocery bill increase by about 1/3 after shopping at Jewel, we're making the extra drive to the Meijer Marketplace in Melrose Park. It'll be nice to shop local once Pete's opens."