So you’re getting ready to add some color to your home.
We’re all for it! Painting, reupholstering, and accessorizing are GREAT ways to add color and update your space without spending lots of money.
Do you have a color scheme in mind, but are having trouble figuring out how to put it all together? Well, you've come to the right place!
When adding color to a room, keep in mind the 60-30-10 Rule:
• Choose a primary (main) color – that should cover about 60% of the room.
• Choose a second color – that should cover about 30% of the room.
• Choose an accent color- that should cover the remaining 10% of the room.
Another way to think of this is in terms of getting yourself dressed for work or a night out:
• Your black dress makes up the primary color of your outfit.
• You might put on red shoes, nail polish, and lipstick for your secondary color.
• Finally, you add "pop" with a gold necklace and bracelet and...
Viola! That’s all there is to it!
Happy Decorating! Let us know how your space turned out...Check out the photos for a little bit of inspiration to get you into 60-30-10 mode.