The limited release of BBC Films documentary “One Life” during February brings this heartwarming, family-friendly film to 10 locations in the Classic Cinemas independent chain of movie theatres. Narrated by Daniel Craig, this feature-length wildlife documentary takes a look at what ties together all of Earth’s creatures, from birth to survival and how they raise young of their own. Regular admission prices apply for the “One Life” film to be presented at select Classic Cinemas locations on the following dates:
Showings of “One Life”
Thursday, February 21st, 7 PM
Sunday, February 24th, 12 PM
Wednesday, February 27th, 7 PM
In addition to the three dates noted earlier, Classic Cinemas is also offering an opportunity for groups to book private showings of “One Life” through April 22nd, 2013. “A student showing of ‘One Life’ provides the perfect backdrop for learning, particularly as we near the annual Earth Day celebration,” says Classic Cinemas’ Shirley Johnson.
Edited from over 10,000 hours of footage from BBC’s natural history archives, “One Life” is a visually stunning anthology of the things that unite all living creatures. Cutting-edge cinematic techniques offer a new perspective and
unprecedented insight into the lives of animals. From the stunning speed of cheetahs to the astonishing strength of ant colonies, “One Life” examines and celebrates the triumph of over 5,000 species on Earth, and is sure to warm the hearts of audiences everywhere.
“One Life” will be presented at the following theatres:
- Charlestowne 18 Theatre, 3740 E. Main St. in St. Charles
- Cinema 12 Theatre, 100 Besinger Drive in Carpentersville
- Elk Grove Theatre, 1050 Elk Grove Town Center on Arlington Heights Road in Elk Grove
- Fox Lake Theatre, 115 Towne Centre Lane in Fox Lake
- Lake Theatre, 1022 Lake St. in downtown Oak Park
- Lindo Theatre, 115 S. Chicago in downtown Freeport
- North Riverside Mall Theatre, 7501 West Cermak Rd. in North Riverside
- Ogden 6 Theatre, 1227 East Ogden Avenue in Naperville
- Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue in Kankakee
- York Theatre, 150 N. York St. in downtown Elmhurst
For booking information and rates, please contact Shirley Johnson at 630-786-4616.
About Classic Cinemas
Established in 1978, Downers Grove, IL-based Classic Cinemas is a family-owned company operated by Willis, Shirley and Chris Johnson. Classic Cinemas today operates 13 theatres with 100 screens in 12 communities in the greater Chicago area. For more information on Classic Cinemas, please visit their website at www.classiccinemas.com.