The Chicago Marathon and the cold bite in the air remind me that snow showers are right around the corner. Of course, folks have accidents and make insurance claims year round. However, the holidays provide an entirely new season of reasons for mishaps.
Here are a few tips to keep handy in the event you have to make an insurance claim:
1. Get a copy of your policy! Ask your agent for a copy.
2. Record the names of everyone you talk to and the date of the conversation. Do not trust your memory.
3. Write down your claim number. It is the ‘name of your claim.’
4. Document your loss with pictures and receipts. This is part of your proof.
5. Use this as an opportunity to check your coverages. Do you need more insurance or less?
If you have an issue regarding a personal injury or accident, please call the Hoag Law Group, LLC. today for your free initial consultation! Call now: 1-800HOAGLAW.
Lynette Simmons Hoag
Hoag Law Group, LLC.
3727 N. Kedzie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
(312) 878-7000 phone
(312) 878-7001 (fax)
Follow us on Twitter @InsClaimAtty
"Like" us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hoag-Law-Group-LLC
Check us out on Yelp! http://www.yelp.com/biz/hoag-law-group-chicago
By Appointment Only:
161 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60601