Boy Attacks Girl on Lombard AvenueA teenage boy in jean shorts grabbed an Oak Park girl by the hair and threw her to the ground around 6:30 p.m. in the 800 block of North Lombard Avenue.
Burglary on Lexington StreetSomeone broke into a home in the 800 block of Lexington Street between noon and 9:30 p.m. and stole a Wii, an X-Box 360, 10 games, a necklace and $1,500 in silver coins. The total estimated loss is $2,600, police said.
Like Oak Park-River Forest Patch on Facebook
Shoes Stolen From PorchSomeone stole two pairs of shoes from two mail packages on a front porch in the 200 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between about 2 and 6 p.m. The total estimated loss is $160, police said.
- Someone stole a bike from a rack on the back of a car in the 1100 block of Lake Street between 2 and 3:15 p.m. The total estimated loss is $4,000, police said.
- Someone stole two bikes from a yard in the 900 block of North Euclid Avenue between 2:30 and 5 a.m. The total estimated loss is $450, police said.
Retail Theft ArrestPolice charged Lasha Cook, 26, of Chicago with retail theft about 3:20 p.m. in the 400 block of North Harlem Avenue. He was processed and released on bond.
License Plates StolenSomeone stole both license plates from a car in the 700 block of North Austin Boulevard between 7 p.m. Aug. 15 and 9:30 a.m. Aug. 17. The total estimated loss is $29, police said.
Break-in AttemptA man in his 30s tried to break into an apartment in the 100 block of Harrison Street through a window around 11:40 a.m.
- Someone stole a GPS unit and cash from an Audi in the 200 block of South Harvey Avenue between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 16 and 11 a.m. Aug. 17. The total estimated loss is $110, police said.
- Someone stole clothes accessories, CDs, cash and an auxiliary cord from an unlocked Dodge parked in the 200 block of Pleasant Street between midnight and 7 a.m. The total estimated loss is $170, police said.
Eggs Thrown at Man's Back, CarSomeone threw eggs at a man's back and at his Toyota in the 800 block of South Kenilworth Avenue around 10:30 p.m.
Bike StolenSomeone stole a bike from a rack in the 400 block of North Harlem Avenue between 3 and 7 p.m. The total estimated loss is $1,200, police said.
Skateboards Stolen From GarageSomeone stole three skateboards from an open garage in the 1100 block of Lyman Avenue between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. The total estimated loss is $275, police said.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16
Man Robbed on Oak Park AvenueTwo men in a white Dodge Avenger robbed a Berwyn resident in the 1100 block of South Oak Park Avenue. The car approached the man around 3:45 a.m. and the driver asked if he had a lighter, while a passenger got out of the car and told the man to give him his backpack, which contained a tablet, a wallet and $46, police said. The two men took the backpack and drove north on Oak Park Avenue. The total estimated loss is $161, police said.
Controlled Substance PossessionPolice charged Daniel Abu-Gheida, 32, of West Chicago with possession of a controlled substance about 1:15 p.m. in the 800 block of South Oak Park Avenue. He was given a Sept. 6 court date and held on bond.
Teen Seen Stealing Hair ProductsSomeone saw a teenage boy walking down the steps of a home in the 1000 block of South Kenilworth Avenue carrying a package of Paul Mitchell conditioner around 4 p.m. The total estimated loss is $21.98, police said.
- Someone stole three bikes from an unlocked garage in the 1100 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 15 and 8 a.m. Aug. 16. The total estimated loss is $300, police said.
- Someone stole a men's mountain bike from a garage in the 1000 block of North Grove Avenue between 7:30 and 10:30 p.m. The total estimated loss is $500, police said.
Car StolenSomeone stole a beige 2003 Toyota Corolla parked in the 400 block of South Lombard Avenue between 8 p.m. Aug. 14 and 8 p.m. Aug. 15 The total estimated loss is $5,000, police said.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.