- Someone stole a GPS unit from the glove compartment and a purse containing an $895 money order, $130 in cash and IDs from the trunk of an unlocked car in the 100 block of South Harvey Avenue between 12:30 and 7 a.m. The total estimated loss is $1,095, police said.
- Someone ransacked an unlocked Mazda parked in the 300 block of South Humphrey Avenue and stole a pair of Polo sunglasses between 7 p.m. Sept. 30 and 2:30 p.m. Oct. 1. The total estimated loss is $125, police said.
- Someone ransacked a Lexus in the 200 block of Washington Boulevard and stole a bottle of cologne and miscellaneous papers between 11 p.m. Sept. 30 and 6:50 a.m. Oct. 1. The total estimated loss is $100, police said.
Concrete Thrown Through Car WindowSomeone threw a large piece of concrete through the rear passenger window of a Nissan in the 700 block of North Austin Boulevard between 11:30 p.m. Sept. 30 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 1. The total estimated loss is $250, police said.
Vodka Stolen in Break-in on HarveySomeone used force to break into a home in the 1000 block of South Harvey Avenue and stole a bottle of vodka between 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The total estimated loss is $30, police said.
Get local news in your inbox by signing up for our free newsletter, then like us on Facebook for a slightly different take.
Break-inSomeone used a pry tool to break into storage lockers in the 400 block of North Austin Boulevard between 8 p.m. Sept. 29 and 2:50 p.m. Oct. 1. The estimated loss is unknown.
Garage, Car Break-ins
- Someone used force to break into a garage in the 1200 block of Edmer Avenue, then ransacked a Lincoln and stole $8 in coins between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30 and noon Oct. 1. The estimated loss is unknown.
- Someone ransacked a Lexus in an unlocked garage in the 300 block of South Harvey Avenue between 5 p.m. Sept. 30 and 9 a.m. Oct. 1. Nothing was reported stolen.
DUI Arrest in Hit-and-Run CrashPolice charged a 24-year-old Oak Park man with driving under the influence of alcohol after a hit-and-run crash in the 700 block of Hayes Avenue about 12:40 a.m. Police stopped Courtney Winston, of the 900 block of South Oak Park Avenue, near the intersection of Austin and Jackson boulevards, where he admitted to striking a parked car and fleeing the scene, police said.
He was transported to West Suburban Hospital, treated and released. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and traffic. He was processed and released on bond.
Man Distracts Couple While Partner Robs HomeA man distracted a woman outside her home in the 900 block of Wisconsin Avenue while another man committed a burglary at the home between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Police said the man approached a couple in their backyard and engaged the woman in conversation, while the second offender went upstairs and stole about $500 in jewelry from the home.
More police news on Patch:
- Abduction Attempted on Lake, OPRF Girl Reports
- Man Beaten With Scooter for Trying to Stop Theft
- Feces Smeared on Windshield, DUI for Man Sleeping in Car: Police
- Oak Park Teen Pleads Guilty of Rape
- $11,500 in Electronics Stolen in Burglary on Lombard
- Media Reports: No One On Train That Crashed Near Harlem
- Service Resumes After Blue Line Crash Near Harlem
- Concordia Employee Arrested for Stealing Student's Laptop: Police
- Shrink's Ex Self-Medicates, Fireworks Destroy Church Papers: OMG PD
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.