$4,100 in Electronics Stolen in BurglarySomeone broke a window to break into a garden apartment in the 800 block of South Austin Boulevard between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., ransacked the dining room, living room and bedroom and stole a TV, Playstation, Kindle, laptop, cell phone, video games, DVDs, $50 in coins, a Mercedes key fob and two grey pillowcases. The total estimated loss is $4,140, police said.
Like Oak Park-River Forest Patch on Facebook
Boy's Bike StolenSomeone stole a boy's unattended Raleigh bike from a gangway in the 1100 block of South Taylor Avenue between 6 and 7:45 p.m. Police said a witness saw a boy on a Raleigh bike trying to catch up to a group of kids around the time of the theft. The total estimated loss is $199, police said.
Backpack, Cash StolenSomeone stole an unattended backpack from the basketball court in the 600 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 7:30 and 8 p.m. The backpack was pink with black hearts and contained $85 and personal items. The total estimated loss is $282, police said.
Windows ShatteredSomeone broke three windows of a home in the 500 block of South Harvey Avenue around 2 a.m. Police said a brick may have been thrown through the windows. The estimated cost of damage is $200, police said.
Car Window Broken, Makeup Case StolenSomeone broke the passenger side window of a car in the 900 block of South Boulevard and stole a red makeup case between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 13 and 5:45 a.m. Aug. 14. The total estimated loss is $110, police said.
Phone Stolen From Shopping CartSomeone stole a cell phone from a shopping cart at Salvation Army, 6536 Roosevelt Rd. sometime between 4:30 and 4:45 p.m. The total estimated loss is $100, police said.
Car Window ShatteredSomeone broke the passenger side window of a car in the 900 block of South Boulevard and stole a jar of coins and a GPS unit between 8 p.m. Aug. 13 and 5 a.m. Aug. 14. The total estimated loss is $105, police said.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13
Scooter StolenA Razor scooter was stolen from a porch in the 600 block of North Humphrey Avenue about 9:30 p.m. The total estimated loss is $100, police said.
Boys Throw Rocks at WindowThree boys threw landscaping rocks at the window of a home in the 1200 block of North Elmwood Avenue around 3:45 p.m. The estimated cost of damage is $500, police said.
Car Windows Shattered
- Someone broke the passenger side window of a 2013 Hyundai Sonata in the 900 block of Pleasant Street and ransacked the inside between 5 p.m. Aug. 13 and 9:30 a.m. Aug. 14. The total estimated loss is $150, police said.
- Someone shattered the front driver's side window of a 2001 Buick in the 1000 block of South Harvey Avenue between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 13 and 6:20 a.m. Aug. 14. The total estimated loss is $140, police said.
- Someone stole a $500 girl's bike from a garage or backyard in the 1100 block of North East Avenue between July 2 and Aug. 14.
- Someone stole a bike left unattended in the 300 block of North Harvey Avenue between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. The total estimated loss is $220, police said.
- Someone stole a $50 bike from a yard in the 300 block of North Cuyler Avenue between 6 and 6:30 p.m.
Bike Stolen From GarageSomeone stole a women's cruiser bike from a garage in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue between 10 p.m. Aug. 6 and 10 a.m. Aug. 7. The total estimated loss is $200, police said.
- Oak Park Teen Had Cocaine, Ecstasy at Party in the Woods: Police Blotter
- ARREST WARRANTS: Wanted in Forest Park, Oak Park and River Forest
- Knife Pulled in Robbery at Gas Station: Police Blotter
- Man Charged With Stealing Commercial AC Units
- Two Charged in Rash of River Forest Robberies
- Man Grabs Woman in Traffic Spat, Toys Stolen in Burglary: Police Blotter
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.