CORRECTION: Patch incorrectly reported a Dominican employee was arrested for theft. We apologize for the error.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Bike Stolen on Bonnie Brae
Someone stole a bike in the 700 block of Bonnie Brae Street in River Forest. Police said a young resident rode the bike to school and didn't lock it up. When he returned it had been stolen.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
Concordia Employee Arrested for Stealing Student's Laptop
A Concordia University contract employee was arrested after a tracker found a student's stolen laptop former home, River Forest police said.
Concordia security told police the student's laptop was stolen from his backpack in the cafeteria about 5 p.m.
The tracking device located the laptop at contract employee Eddie Thompson's former home in Elgin, where his ex-wife lives. Thompson, 45, of Oak Park was taken into custody on probable cause and charged with theft after the laptop was recovered, police said.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
$6,500 in Laptops Stolen in Burglary
Someone stole two Macbook Pro laptops, an Acer Netbook laptop, two other laptops, a Vizio tablet, a jar containing $61 in coins and cash and a duffle bag from an unlocked home in the 100 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 8:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The total estimated loss is $6,500, police said.
Purse Stolen on Washington
Someone stole a leather purse containing a wallet, three USB drives, credit cards, cash and a Samsung Galaxy III phone from a yard in the 0-100 block of Washington Boulevard between 8:45 and 9 a.m. The total estimated loss is $288, police said.
- Someone stole a garage door opener, a bike lock and a bike from an unlocked garage in the 700 block of South Cuyler Avenue between 8:30 a.m. Sept. 21 and 11:30 a.m. Sept. 25.
- Someone cut a cable lock to steal a $150 bike in the 400 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 3:40 and 5:30 p.m.
- Someone stole three unsecured bikes from a porch in the 400 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 24 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 25. One of the bikes was recovered. The total estimated loss is $200, police said.
- Someone stole a $230 bike from a rack in the 1100 block of North Avenue between 12 and 8:25 p.m.
Find more police news on Patch:
- Man Sold Jewelry Stolen in Burglary, Pawn Shop Records Show
- Rollover Crash at Route 83 and I-290; Four Reported Dead
- Aggravated DUI, Assault Arrests Reported in Oak Park
- BB Shot From Window Strikes Teen's Neck
- Relative Suspected of Gun Theft in River Forest
- Knife Pulled in Robbery on Garfield
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.