Chips, Iced Tea and Cash Stolen in Car BurglarySomeone used a piece of cement to break a car window in the 100 block of North Austin Boulevard between 6:15 p.m. Sept. 10 and 6:15 a.m. Sept. 11. Once inside, the intruder ransacked the car and stole a box of chips, a gallon of iced tea and some cash. The total estimated loss is $157, police said.
Keep up with Oak Park and River Forest news: Sign up for our free daily newsletter, then like us on Facebook for a slightly different take.
Rock Thrown Through WindowSomeone through a rock through a dining room window in the 500 block of South Harvey Avenue about 12:40 a.m. The estimated cost of damage is $150, police said.
2 Arrested on Retail Theft WarrantsPolice charged Adam Dolatowski, 30, and Linda Degrado, 49, both of Berwyn, with warrants out of Hodgkins for retail theft about 2:40 p.m. in the 700 block of South Austin Boulevard. They were processed and held for Hodgkins police.
Car BurglarySomeone used a pry tool to break into a car in the 1000 block of South Kenilworth Avenue between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 10 and 8 a.m. Sept. 11 and stole a black leather bag. The total estimated loss is $900, police said.
Apartment RansackedSomeone ransacked an apartment in the 300 block of Washington Boulevard between 8 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. The total estimated loss is $60, police said.
Woman Steals $106 in Socks From CVSPolice charged Diane Wynn, 45, of Chicago, with felony retail theft after a CVS employee saw her steal about $106 in socks about 6:45 p.m. She was held on bond.
- Someone stole a $100 bike from a porch in the 400 block of South Taylor Avenue between 9 and 10:15 a.m.
- Someone stole a $300 bike from an open garage in the 100 block of South Euclid Avenue between 3:15 and 4:25 p.m.
- Driver in Fatal 290 Crash Faces Reckless Homicide, DUI
- Man Accused of Selling Stolen Computer to Pawn Shop
- Teen Hits Cop, $12,700 in Photo Equipment Stolen
- River Forest Man Arrested for DUI
- Kid Arrested for Sending Threatening Messages
- Family of Young Women Killed on Eisenhower Speak Out
- I-290 Crash Near Oak Park Kills 2, Injures 1
- Missing Woman Found in Maywood, $3,500 in Cash, Jewels Stolen
- ANTS: Wanted in Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park
- Theft Reported in Library, Burglary on Harlem
Are you a fan of true crime? "Like" the Crime-n-Shame page on Facebook and get clued in on mischief making and weird crime throughout the Chicago area.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.