Property DamageSomeone broke a window of a garage in the 500 block of North Taylor Avenue between 11:30 a.m. Oct. 10 and 7:15 a.m. Oct. 13. No loss reported.
- Someone stole two bikes, worth a total of $400, from a garage in the 100 block of Washington Boulevard between 2 p.m. Oct. 12 and 12 a.m. Oct. 13.
- Someone stole a $200 bike from a rack in the 900 block of South East Avenue between 9 a.m. Oct. 11 and 2:15 p.m. Oct. 13.
- Someone tried to steal a bike from a garage in the 500 block of North Lombard Avenue between 7:30 p.m. Oct. 12 and 9:40 a.m. Oct. 13.
- Someone stole a $200 bike that was locked to a light pole in the 400 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 2 and 3:15 p.m.
Tire SlashedSomeone slashed a tire in the 500 block of Home Avenue between 6 p.m. Oct. 11 and 10 a.m. Oct. 13. The estimated cost of damage is $200, police said.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12
Wallet StolenSomeone stole a wallet containing a license, $52, and debit and credit cards from a backpack left in an employee locker room in the 7000 block of Roosevelt Road between 6 and 9 p.m. The total estimated loss is $72, police said.
Bike TheftSomeone stole a $250 bike from an unlocked garage in the 300 block of North Scoville Avenue between 7 p.m. Oct. 11 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 12.
Kid Arrested for Stealing BikeA Chicago juvenile was arrested for stealing a $300 bike from an open garage in the 900 block of South Wesley Avenue between 8 and 10 a.m. He was processed and released to his parents.
Break-in Attempt on TaylorSomeone tried to break into a garage in the 700 block of South Taylor Avenue between 4 p.m. Oct. 11 and 9 a.m. Oct. 12.
Warrant: Suspended LicensePolice charged Marcus Johnson, 48, of Chicago, with a warrant out of Douglas County for failure to appear for driving on a suspended license.
Glitter Toy Set Stolen in BurglarySomeone used golf balls to break a glass door in the 100 block of Home Avenue and stole a glitter kids toy set between 10 a.m. and 3:35 p.m. The total estimated loss is $100, police said.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11
Rental Car StolenSomeone stole a beige 2012 Ford Fusion rental car parked in the 500 block of South East Avenue between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. The total estimated loss is $10,000, police said.
Kid Arrested for Theft, Marijuana PossessionPolice charged a male juvenile from Berwyn with theft and marijuana possession in the 800 block of Lake Street about 2:30 p.m. He was processed and returned to his parents.
DUI-DrugsPolice charged James Stone III, 36, of Streamwood, with driving under the influence of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia after an accident near the intersection of Roosevelt Road and Elmwood Avenue about 8:10 a.m. He was processed and released on bond.
Man Arrested for Attempted BurglaryPolice charged Pierre Lay, 26, of Chicago, with attempted burglary and possession of burglary tools after he was seen trying to break into a car in the 200 block of South Elmwood Avenue about 7:15 a.m. Police said Lay had a screwdriver and a hammer with him, and was identified by the witness as the person trying to break into a car. He was processed and held on bond.
Phone Stolen From Woman's PocketSomeone stole a Samsung Galaxy phone from a woman's jacket pocket in the 1100 block of Lake Street between 9:15 and 9:40 p.m. The total estimated loss is $300, police said.
Property DamageSomeone broke the glass door window pane on the front door of a home in the 300 block of North Taylor Avenue about 10 p.m. The estimated cost of damage is $500, police said.
Warrants: Suspended License
- Police charged Kierstin Gunnoe, 30, of Elgin, with two warrants out of Streamwood for driving on a suspended license. She was arrested in the 6400 block of Roosevelt Road about 9 a.m.
- Police charged Modesto Velazquez, 52, of Chicago, with an Illinois State Police warrant for failure to appear for driving on a suspended license. She was arrested in the 1100 block of Lexington Avenue about 1:15 p.m.
- Someone stole a $360 bike that was locked to a street sign in the 200 block of Lake Street between 9:15 and 10:45 a.m.
- Someone stole a $320 bike from a rack in the 500 block of Lake Street between 9:50 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Woman Robbed in Ruse to Cash Bonds, $4,750 in Electronics Taken in Burglary
- Oak Park Man Charged After Abduction Attempt in River Forest
- Man Charged With Murdering Girlfriend, Leaving Body in Thatcher Woods
- Forest Park Man Sentenced for 2012 Shooting
- Find Sex Offenders in Oak Park, River Forest; Man Threatens Girl, 16: Police This Week
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.