Kid Arrested for Sending Threatening MessagesPolice charged a Berwyn child with disorderly conduct after he sent threatening messages to a 16-year-old Oak Park resident about 3:15 p.m.
Garage BurglarySomeone stole a drill, two bikes, a bike seat and a baby seat from an unlocked garage in the 800 block of South Harvey Avenue between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. The total estimated loss is $1,129, police said.
- Someone stole a GPS unit from an unlocked car in the 200 block of Pleasant Street between 9 p.m. Sept. 9 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 10. The total estimated loss is $400, police said.
- Someone stole a GPS unit and a purple bowling bag containing a bowling ball and shoes from a car in the 300 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 9 p.m. Sept. 9 and 6 a.m. Sept. 10. The total estimated loss is $300, police said.
- Someone stole $25 from a car parked in the 100 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 10 a.m. Sept. 9 and 5 p.m. Sept. 10. The total estimated loss is $25, police said.
- Someone stole coins and a toy from an unlocked car in the 300 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 3 p.m. Sept. 9 and 6:50 a.m. Sept. 10. The total estimated loss is $35, police said.
Warrant: Illegal Credit Card UsePolice charged Gerri Carmen, 29, of the 800 block of Lake Street in Oak Park, with a warrant out of DuPage County for illegal credit card use. She was arrested about 4 p.m. in the 200 block of South Oak Park Avenue, processed and held for extradition.
Break-in Attempt on LombardSomeone used a pry tool to try to break into a garage in the 1100 block of South Lombard Avenue between 8:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Nothing was stolen.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
Bike Stolen From YardSomeone stole a $350 bike from a yard in the 100 block of Forest Place between 1 and 7 a.m.
Other recent police news on Patch:
- Family of Young Women Killed on Eisenhower Speak Out
- I-290 Crash Near Oak Park Kills 2, Injures 1
- Missing Woman Found in Maywood, $3,500 in Cash, Jewels Stolen
- ANTS: Wanted in Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park
- Theft Reported in Library, Burglary on Harlem
Are you a fan of true crime? "Like" the Crime-n-Shame page on Facebook and get clued in on mischief making and weird crime throughout the Chicago area.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.