Police said the Stanley followed the girl and her father out of a restaurant in the 400 block of North Harlem Avenue about 11:55 p.m., repeatedly asking for the girl's number. When she refused, he started using profanity and threatening to beat her.
He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and held on bond.
Get local news in your inbox by signing up for our free newsletter, then like us on Facebook for a slightly different take.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6
Leaving Scene of Accident ArrestPolice charged Raven Osborne, 28, of the 1000 block of Washington Boulevard in Oak Park, with leaving the scene of an accident that occurred about 1:40 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. She was processed and released on bond.
Warrant: Suspended LicensePolice charged Juan Mercado, 40, of Chicago, with a warrant out of Hoffman Estates for driving on a suspended license. He was arrested about 5:10 p.m. in the 6600 block of Roosevelt Road, processed and released on bond.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
Felony Retail Theft ArrestPolice charged Rex Miller, 41, of Chicago, with felony retail theft for a theft that occurred Sept. 16 at CVS Pharmacy on Madison Street. He was arrested in Maywood about 10:40 a.m., processed and held on bond.
- Someone stole a $1,500 bike from an open garage in the 500 block of North Elmwood Avenue between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Someone stole a $300 bike from a garage in the 600 block of Elmwood Avenue between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Someone stole a $400 bike from a yard in the 1000 block of North Linden Avenue between 6 p.m. Oct. 1 and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4.
- Someone stole two bikes from a garage in the 700 block of South Harvey Avenue between noon Oct. 3 and 7 a.m. Oct. 4. The total estimated loss is $650, police said.
- Someone stole a bike from a garage in the 500 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between 11 p.m. Oct. 3 and 9 a.m. Oct. 4. The bike was recovered down the street.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
Someone stole a bike in the 400 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 6 p.m. Sept. 29 and 8:45 a.m. Sept. 30. The total estimated loss is $550, police said.Find more police news on Oak Park-River Forest Patch:
- Man Taunts Girl, 14, Teen Robbed on Lake, DUI Arrests in River Forest
- Sex Offender Watch: A Map of Homes to Keep on Your Rader This Halloween
- NTSB Issues Emergency Recommendations to CTA, FTA
- DUI Charge in Hit-and-Run, Ruse Burglary on Wisconsin: Police
- Abduction Attempted on Lake, OPRF Girl Reports
- Man Beaten With Scooter for Trying to Stop Theft
- Feces Smeared on Windshield, DUI for Man Sleeping in Car: Police
- Oak Park Teen Pleads Guilty of Rape
- $11,500 in Electronics Stolen in Burglary on Lombard
- Media Reports: No One On Train That Crashed Near Harlem
- Service Resumes After Blue Line Crash Near Harlem
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.