Well, he made that up, according to Oak Park police.
Police charged Daniel Duggan, 35, of the 600 block of Highland Avenue in Oak Park Dec. 4 after an investigation showed Duggan had sold his amp and pawned his guitar at a pawn shop in Berwyn—an hour before the alleged robbery, police said. Duggan was arrested at his home, charged with disorderly conduct and released on bond. He is scheduled to appear on court on Jan. 13.
Find more Oak Park and River Forest police news on Patch:
- 8 Bears Tickets Stolen From River Forest Home
- Armed Robbery Reported Thanksgiving Day at Subway: Police
- Man Brandishes Knife at Train Station, Juvenile Charged With Marijuana Possession at OPRFHS
- Man Uses Baby Stroller to Steal Booze, 5 DUIs: Police
- Rolex, Gun, Electronics Stolen in Oak Park Burglaries, Nov. 27-Dec. 1
- ARREST WARRANTS: Wanted in Oak Park, Forest Park in 2013
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.