Police in Oak Park are investigating a series of residential break-ins that occurred in different sections of town this week.
Police are following up on all leads and trying to find if there are any connections in the incidents that took place over a three-day stretch beginning May 7.
Police reported the following incidents, listed below and plotted on the map above:
- On May 9 between 8 a.m. and 8:45 p.m., $20 in coins were stolen when someone forced open the back door of a home of a home in the 100 block of Pleasant Street, ransacked several drawers and found items.
- On May 8 between 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., a hard drive was stolen from a home in the 200 block of Randolph Street. Entry was gained to the front porch by opening an unlocked door and then broke a window to get into the house.Several rooms were ransacked. Estimated loss and damage were $450.
- On May 8 between 9 a.m. and 12:15 p.m., an i-Pad with a black leather case, brown shoulder bag and $140 in cash were stolen from a home in the 600 block of South Maple Avenue. Entry was gained through a closed, but unlocked, rear door. The home also was ransacked. Estimated loss was $905.
- On May 8 between 5:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., a laptop, jewelry and $150 in coins were stolen from an apartment in the 1200 block of North Harlem Avenue. A suspect got in by cutting the screen to an unlocked, but closed, walkway landing level window next to the entry door. Estimated loss was $1,250.
- On May 8 between 9 a.m. and 2:36 p.m., a Nintendo Wii system with games, an Xbox system and games and a headset and a VCR/DVD player were stolen from an apartment in the 700 block of North Austin Boulevard. Method of entry is unknown. Estimated loss was $899.99.
- On May 7 between 8:10 a.m. and 10:25 p.m., two televisions, a laptop and $180 were stolen from an apartment in the 1400 block of North Austin Boulevard. Entry was gained by breaking and pushing in a rear pantry window. The apartment was ransacked; items were taken from the dining room, bedroom and living room. Estimated loss was $2,206.