Bike StolenSomeone stole a $350 bike from a garage in the 300 block of South Scoville Avenue between 5 p.m. Aug. 27 and noon Aug. 28.
Car Break-inSomeone stole a wallet containing $40, gift cards, a license, credit cards and checks from a car in the 100 block of South Boulevard between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27 and 5:45 a.m. Aug. 28. The total estimated loss is $80, police said.
Boys' Shoes, Clothes Stolen From PorchSomeone stole two packages containing boys' gym shoes and uniform shirts from a porch in the 700 block of South East Avenue between 12:30 and 6 p.m. The total estimated loss is $50, police said.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 27
Playground DamagedSomeone damaged a section of the rubber playground at Beye School, 230 N. Cuyler Ave., between 9 p.m. Aug. 26 and 7 a.m. Aug. 27.
Robbery Arrest on Linden
Kevin McBride, 19, of Chicago, was arrested after he took an iPhone out of an Oak Park teen's hand about 3:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Linden Avenue. He was processed and held on bond.
Man Sets Fire to Hospital Restraints
Police charged Richard Lee, 52, of Chicago, with property damage after he set fire to two hospital restraints and a bed sheet at Oak Park Hospital about 2 a.m. He was processed and released on bond.
Someone stole a purse containing credit cards, $150, an ID, checkbook and a cell phone from an open garage in the 1100 block of South Harvey Avenue about 11 a.m. The total estimated loss is $290, police said.
Someone used a pry tool to get into a garage in the 1100 block of South Maple Avenue between 5 p.m. Aug. 26 and 9:22 a.m. Aug. 27. No loss reported.
Someone stole a $550 bike from an open garage in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue between 9 p.m. Aug. 26 and 6 a.m. Aug. 27.MONDAY, AUGUST 26
Spare Tire StolenSomeone stole the spare tire from the back of a Nissan parked in the 100 block of South Boulevard between 1 p.m. Aug. 23 and 1:30 p.m. Aug. 26. The total estimated loss is $715, police said.
- Someone stole a $350 bike from a garage in the 100 block of South Cuyler Avenue between 8:30 a.m. Aug. 11 and 7 a.m. Aug. 26.
- Someone stole a $570 men's bike from a rack in the 1100 block of North Boulevard between 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Someone stole a $150 bike from a rack in the 200 block of North Scoville Avenue between 7:40 a.m. Aug. 23 and 8 a.m. Aug. 26.
- $9,000 Lottery Scam Reported in River Forest
- Middle Finger Flasher Arrested, Man Hides Pot in Mouth
- Woman Punched in Head, Robbed on Jackson, Teen Had Stolen Firearm
- Oak Park Police Add Patrols in Recent Robbery Areas
- Girl Robbed on Ridgeland, Multiple Burglaries
- Woman Robbed on Jackson, iHop Burglary
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.