A 17-year-old Chicago male was charged Monday in connection to six burglaries in the area after police found stolen electronics in his possession, police said Tuesday.
Police stopped the teen in the 200 block of South Austin Boulevard around 12:45 a.m. and found he had electronics and mail addressed to a home in the 600 block of South Lombard Avenue, and a kindle and an iPod that had been reported stolen from a home in the 700 block of Lyman Avenue police said.
He was charged with obstructing identification, a warrant for burglary and six counts of residential burglary for incidents in the 600 block of South Lombard Avenue, the 0-100 block of Augusta Avenue, the 800 block of South Lombard Avenue, the 800 block of South Taylor Avenue, the 700 block of Lyman Avenue and the 100 block of North Elmwood Avenue. He was processed and transported to the juvenile detention center, police said.
Find more Oak Park and River Forest police news on Patch:
- BBs Shatter Windows, Multiple Burglaries Reported in Oak Park: Police
- River Forest Man Wanted on $250,000 Bail for Burglary: Police
- Diamond Bracelet Stolen in Burglary: Police
- Former Oak Park Priests Named in Archdiocese's Sex Abuse Documents
- Man Fondles Self in Store, Child Luring Attempt: Police This Week
- Oak Park's Crime Hits Record Low in 2013