At its September 23 Board Meeting, the Village Board approved an Ordinance creating an Economic Development Commission.
The Commission will consist of seven members that will serve four-year staggered terms and meet as-needed. The Economic Development Commission will:
- Advise the Village Board on the economic and community impact of potential developments,
- Identify and assess underutilized properties to develop strategies for their highest and best use,
- Encourage and support development within the Village in conjunction with existing corridor plans, land uses and the Village's development goals,
- Investigate and recommend incentives to facilitate economic growth,
- Maintain relationships with existing businesses and make recommendations to retain, enhance and market,
- Receive direction from the Board of Trustees and provide feedback and recommendations and
- Coordinate economic development outreach to surrounding units of local government.
Anyone interested in serving on the Commission should complete a board/commission application either in person at the Village Hall or by clicking here to to fill out the online application.