The National Weather Service’s forecast for Monday and Tuesday calls for frigid conditions in the city of Chicago and surrounding suburbs with temperatures expected to be below zero. Our current plan is to hold school as scheduled, but cancel all outdoor activities on both days. However, we will monitor the temperatures and conditions in our buildings throughout the weekend and earlyMonday morning, as well as keep in constant contact with the Village and districts 90 and 200, to determine if this plan needs to be altered. Any significant changes will be shared with the community via automated phone message, e-mail, the district’s family of Web sites and the local media. We encourage you to monitor one or more of these communication resources for updates about the weather and its impact on the school schedule and district operations.
While we always make decisions about school closures with the best interest of our students and staff in mind, we also understand that parents/guardians are the best judge of their child’s particular needs and respect their right to keep them home if they feel that particular circumstances warrant an absence. Students who are absent from school under these circumstances will be provided time to make up missed work.
Thank you for your continued commitment to education and support of our schools.
Dr. Al Roberts
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something