The River Forest Public Schools District 90 school board has selected a new superintendent, officials announced Monday.
Edward Condon III, principal of Butler Junior High School in Oak Brook, will be introduced at Tuesday's District 90 school board meeting, scheduled for 7 p.m. at .
He'll replace outgoing Supt. Thomas Hagerman, who announced his departure to at Winnetka public schools in January.
Condon has 20 years of experience in public schools, beginning with a stint as high school social studies teacher in Chesapeake, Va., where he later became principal of a large middle school, according to a news release.
"Throughout the interview process and with each stakeholder group, conversations revolved around children, curricular decision-making processes and how to instill a love of learning in students," Condon said in a news release. "The community's passionate support for education was palpable, and I share its commitment to educating the whole child. I look forward to building on the terrific foundation laid by my predecessors in River Forest."
At a Glance
- Raised in Hinsdale and a graduate of Hinsdale Central High School
- B.A., History from University of Richmond
- M.A., Educational Administration from College of William and Mary
- Principal, Hickory Middle School in Chesapeake, Va.
- Ph.D., Administration and Supervision, Loyola University Chicago
- Principal, Butler Junior High School in Oak Brook, Ill. Under his tutelage, the school received the U.S. Department of Education's National Blue Ribbon School award, which recognizes excellent performance by a private or public school.
Source: Meet the Principal, Butler Junior High official website