The last day to comment on reconstruction plans for I-290 is Thursday, Nov. 7. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) has presented four options to reconstruct the Eisenhower, with plans to widen the thoroughfare through Oak Park from six to eight lanes and move the exit and entrance ramps to the right side of the expressway at Harlem Avenue and Austin Boulevard.
There are Oak Parkers on both sides of the fence about the proposal. Related: Oak Park on I-290 Reconstruction: Congestio, Safety, Community Engagement Among Concerns Share your comments on the project here.
Downtown Oak Park's Shopper's Reward Program Underway
Downtown Oak Park has launched its Shopper’s Reward Program for the holiday season.
From Nov. 1 until Dec. 25, shoppers who save their receipts and submit them will be, well, rewarded, for spending money in downtown Oak Park. Shoppers will receive $50 in Shopper’s Reward certificates if they turn in receipts from at least seven businesses that total $25 or more from each business with a total of at least $400. Find out more here.
Bravo Presents: Annie Jr.
Performances at Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School are 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, 2:30 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10. Find more information about the show here.
Other happenings this week in Oak Park and River Forest:
- Coffee Monday
- Pianist Jana Pavlovska
- Lake Theatre's First Tuesday Film Club Presents “Una Noche”
- Mills Investment Club at the Oak Park Arms
- Computer Learning Lab
- Paint Covered Wednesdays (kids)
- Drop-in Middle School Craft (kids, teens)
- Thomas Cahill - Heretics and Heroes: How Renaissance Artists and Reformation Priests Changed Our World
- "Bag the Book" Book Swap at Pleasant Home
- Writers Read!
- Billy Thompson and His Band
- Story Time with the River Forest Public Library