Downtown Oak Park will host the annual Green Halloween, from 11 a.m to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 on Lake and Marion streets and North Boulevard.
From Downtown Oak Park: "An EEK-o-friendly, healthy, green event! Follow the Green Pumpkin Trail through local businesses and organizations to participate in FREE kids’ activities and collect healthy, eek-o-friendly treats! Costumes are optional. Suggested ages 3–8. Rain or Shine!"
The event's emphasis on "eek-o" friendly practices will include green pumpkin trail stops, starting at the Oak Park Visitor's Center, 1010 Lake St., at 12 p.m. Then, buy and decorate pumpkins at a pumpkin patch with Wonder Works Children's Museum.
The major event will be the costume swap event, going on from 12-4 p.m. at Sugarcup Trading, 110 N. Marion St. Find out more here.
Other weekend happenings in Oak Park and River Forest:
- Ethics Leadership Summit - Concordia University Chicago
- Family Story Time at Whole Foods Market
- Bones and Skeletons at Wonder Works
- Family Fireside Halloween Ages 2-10
- Dominican University Hosts Family Festival of Stories
- Oak Park Animal Care League Barktoberfest (SideBar Music Room)
- JUST SAY BOOO! at Open Door Theater
- Celebrate Halloween with a Free Showing of “Ghostbusters” at Lake Theatre
- Exploring Music: Gustav Mahler at the Oak Park Arms
- Mann School PTO Oktoberfest (SideBar & Tent)
- Stand Tall with Sarah's Inn
- Jazz Vocalist Kurt Elling In Concert at Dominican University