Andersen Center and Park
Situated on 1.3 acres at the east end of Oak Park, the Andersen Center and adjacent Andersen Park offer locals a wealth of recreational options. The park was renovated in 2006 and reopened with the addition of the popular splash pad, which features a water-spouting tower and jets that shoot streams of water up from the ground. Other recent park additions include new playground equipment and a small athletic field.
The Andersen Center is home to a number of district programs and activities, including youth sports and summer camps. It also features a multi-purpose room that can be rented by local residents for parties and other special events. For more information, visit the Oak Park Parks Web site.
- Hours: General hours: 6am - 10pm. Splash pad hours: 10am - 8pm in the summertime.
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- What makes this community special?: From splash pads to swing sets, there's a lot for kids to do here.
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 1 acres
- Features: Fountain, Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Tables
- Private events: Yes