As with all District 97 schools, the mission of educators at Hatch School — named after the late superintendent, William H. Hatch — is to incorporate an education that promotes an understanding and tolerance of diverse cultures and communities.
From kindergarten through fifth grade, students here learn through a curriculum that school officials say is always "under construction" — meaning that it's tweaked and renewed to offer students the best possible education.
To help achieve an even richer sense of community, Hatch boasts an active parent-teacher organization that "fosters a sense of support, pride and enthusiasm for the school."
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm; School hours: Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri, 8am - 11am, 11:55am - 2:55pm; Wed, 8am - 10:30am, 11:25am -1:55pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Nov 17 1923
- Number of students: 303
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: State of Illinois
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 29
- How engaged is the school with the community?: School officials offer many avenues of communication with parents, including frequent newsletters, an e-mail listserv and faculty blogs. Most schools also have a PTO blog that's independent of the district and school.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Information on extracurricular activities will be available shortly.