La Majada Restaurant Inc
Going strong through two generations and 34 years, La Majada restaurant offers lantern-lit Mexican cantina ambiance on Harrison Street. Amidst the decorative plates, the wood paneled walls and painted hacienda landscapes, the diner can experience authentic flautas, chiles rellenos, burritos and tostadas. The atmosphere is quiet on weekdays, but picks up on weekends with poetry slams and dancing.
- Fax: 708-848-4371
- Hours: Kitchen: Tue - Thu, 11:30am - 11:30pm; Fri, Sat, 11:30am - 12:30am; Sun, 11:30am - 10pm. Bar: Tue - Thu, 11:30am - midnight; Fri, Sat, 11:30am - 1am; Sun, 11:30am - 10:30pm. Always closed Monday.
- Handicap Accessible: Access through street level and handicap access bathrooms.
- Founding Date: Apr 01 1976
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Mexican cuisine
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.la-majada.com/id4.htm
- Specialties: Fish Tacos: 3 soft or crispy tacos stuffed with breaded fish crowned with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, served with rice, beans and an olive oil, green Chile, lime and tequila sauce.
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Signature dishes: Drink: La Majada, made with Kahlua and Brandy.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Tostadas de Mariscos, two flat crisp tortillas topped with seafood, celery, onion and cilantro.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 32
- Features: Banquets, Brunch, Buffet, Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Fine dining, Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual