Like Oak Park-River Forest Patch on Facebook!
The woman reported she was walking south on Harvey toward Randolph about 7 p.m. when she saw three male teens on the corner. One of the teens approached her from behind on Lombard Avenue, pulled her to the ground and tried to steal her purse, police said. When he was unsuccessful, the two other offenders approached the woman and took her purse, police said.
Police saw the three teens, one 15 and two 16, huddled together in the 200 block of Washington Boulevard shortly after the incident occurred. They all ran when the officer tried to stop them. They were arrested in the 400 block of South Ridgeland Avenue, processed and referred to juvenile court. The purse and all its contents were recovered, police said.
More police news on Patch:
- Burglaries Reported on Wenonah, Taylor in Oak Park
- Oak Park Man Held Without Bond for Murder
- Woman Robbed on Oak Park Avenue: Police
- Family of Pregnant Murder Victim Speaks Out: Report
- Man Follows Woman, Tries to Whisper in Her Ear: Police
- Man Charged With Murdering Girlfriend, Leaving Body in Thatcher Woods
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.