Oak Park Village Board members on Monday backed a proposal in its early stages to allow brewpubs to operate in Oak Park. Village staff proposed the idea after receiving "several" inquiries from brewpub owners interested in opening in Oak Park.
While a brewpub in Oak Park would be a blast, we already have some great beers right at our bartenders' fingertips. We took a quick look at those very trusty Yelp! reviews to see where users think they can find the best brews.
Here are the top five spots for a good beer in Oak Park, according to Yelp!:
- Marion Street Cheese Market, 100 S. Marion St.
- Poor Phil's Shell Bar, 139 S. Marion St.
- Lake Street Kitchen+Bar, 1101 Lake St.
- Avenue Ale House, 825 S. Oak Park Ave.
- The Kinderhook Tap, 800 S. Oak Park Ave.
- Famous Liquors, 7714 Madison St.
- Blueberry Hill, 427 Des Plaines Ave.
- Molly Malone's Irish Pub, 7652 Madison St.
- The Beacon Pub, 101 Circle Ave.
- Old School Tavern & Grill, 201 Des Plaines Ave.